The Top 7 Activity Trees Your Cat Will Love
Getting a cat tree isn’t just an extravagant purchase for your average cat owner, what it is, is actually a beneficial addition your indoor environment. You extend your cats territory and by doing so make her/him feel more confident and more enjoyable as a pet. In addition to being a great place to perch, and relax the support posts can serve double-duty as scratching posts. Because of the wide range of choices for a perfect cat activity trees out there our staff got together and we tested a few out, these are our top picks…
What to look for:
Size: When shopping for a cat activity tree you have to have your cats size and personality in mind. Choose an activity tree with perches that are the appropriate size where your cat can lounge comfortably. Perches that are in a “U” shape are awesome because your cat can rest her back against the side. Cats often feel more secure when they have their back against something.
Stability: The thing matters most to your cat though will be the trees sturdiness, its height and the comfort she gets when she relaxes in it. If the tree wobbles when she mightily (or if it’s like my cat clumsily) leaps to a perch from the floor, she’ll avoid it and you will have wasted your money.
The look and Placement: This can mean life or death when it comes to activity trees. A great option is to put it by a window, so you cat can watch the outdoor world in peace. You want the kitty to spend time where you are so try to shop for a tree that looks good for the room where it will be located.
1.Armarkat Cat tree Furniture Condo, Height -50-Inch to 60-Inch
A fabulous looking cat activity tree that looks amazing in any room it’s in. With its pressed wood built and faux fleece covering this activity tree will entice any kitty to scratch, climb, exercise and ultimately sleep in it.
- Easy Assembly, instruction manual and necessary tools included
- Intuitive Design
- Price tag
- Made from premium materials
- Looked and looked, but honestly found none
Conclusion: What amazed me about this cat activity tree is how sturdy it is (when assembled correctly). My son (40lbs ish) bumped into it a few times and it didn’t budge. With its gorgeous and intuitive design it attracted my male cat immediately. For its size and functionality this is definitely a must get.
Vesper’s cat furniture piece looks quite modern and elegant, yet offers many possibilities for your feline friend. It comes in 3 beautiful colors, so you don’t have to worry about matching it with your interior. Scratching poles, a cozy place for a nap, resting platforms and many other options are definitely raising the bar for cat furniture!
- Not covered in carpet (helps with allergies)
- Soft memory foam cushions
- Sea grass rope
- 3 color choices
- Really tall (47.9 inches)
- Slight wobbling possible
- Had to watch a Youtube tutorial to assemble it by myself
- The cube is not large enough to fit larger breeds or kitties who really love the treats
Conclusion: I actually bought this piece of furniture because my hubby is allergic to cats. It turned out to be a great investment. Cat’s hair doesn’t stick to the cushions and the post itself is easy to clean! Our girl loves sitting on top and just watching and being the boss. Once she tried those memory foam cushions, she never slept anywhere else!
This is a great pick if you have a large cat or even multiple cats. It is extremely sturdy, will not wobble even if a maine coon jumps off it. Your cat will not be able to resist digging claws into 30 inches of natural thick sisal rope! Plus, the post itself looks really attractive and high in quality, which it actually is.
- Great for large and/or multiple cats
- Very solid and requires no assembly
- Handmade in the USA
- Soft and large rest areas
- High enough so your furry friend can look out the window
- Limited color choices
Conclusion: My cat went nuts over this post! She was all over it before I managed to take it out of the box. I wish the carpeting was more plushy, but the cat doesn’t mind at all. Even after 2 years of scratching, stretching, jumping and napping, the post looks good.
This 72’’ Go Pet Club Cat Tree is a huge, complex fortress that has everything your cat needs to have a fun, relaxing time. Multiple scratching posts, two houses, two mice toys, ramps, platforms and beds, this cat tree has it all, so we had to include it in our list!
- This cat tree is very spacious, able to easily house up to 3 cats at a time
- The covering material is extremely strong, not your typical carpenting, but some kind of furry plush which is both strong, durable, yet soft
- Despite the size, this cat tree is very easy to move around
- This cat tree is HUGE, with lots of of room for your kitty to play in
- Complex assembling instructions might be confusing for beginners
- Top ramps of this cat tree are not really suitable for heavier cats; they tend to snap off unless they are additionally reinforced and properly tightened
Conclusion: It’s a bit of an investment, but if you have the money and the space needed for this cat tree, your cats will love you for it! Ask someone to help you out with the assembly instructions if you get stuck and you’ll be fine! My cats loved it instantly and they are hanging around it even as I write this.
The Go Pet Club Cat Tree has a rather simplistic design, but it features everything my cats need. Multiple levels for lounging, a nice spacious house, a small mouse toy for some playtime, and lots of sisal rope for scratching. The beige colored faux fur will fit nicely with most furniture.
- The square design of the base makes this cat tree easy to fit in most corners
- Extremely easy to assemble, everything you need is in the box
- Strong, durable material
- 51” of height make this cat tree rather tall
- This cat tree is not really suitable for larger cats, since the platforms tend to be too small for them. Also, the top level can’t support heavier cats without additional, out-of-the-box enforcement
Conclusion: If your furry friend is an average sized cat or kitten, then this cat tree is a good choice. The tree is sturdy and has a lot of space for my cat to move and lounge around.
This Trixie’s miguel cat scratching tower is ideal for small spaces. Your cats will love it as it will give them endless opportunities to play, explore, scratch or just relax. Instead of scratching your furniture, your cats will be able to sharpen their claws on a very durable sisal scratching surface. It also has a condo and top lying hammock wrapped in plush.
- Ideal for small spaces, you can always fold it and put away whenever you like to keep you place clean when guests come over
- Hammock is great, my cats love to relax all day
- Condo, perfect retreat for your cats
- The fabric is very soft and has a beautiful texture to it
- The scratching side is nice thick sisal
- It’s attractive and the colors being neutral will make this piece easy to integrate into your home.
- Unstable, light weight
Conclusion: If you have a small apartment you will love the portability of this cat tree. Your cats will love the hammock and condo wrapped in plush. My 16 pound cat fits comfortably on the top hammock and the condo, there’s even space for kittens who join him! I was worried about the stability, but even my clumsy fat cat can hop up top with ease. My cats love scratching on the scratch pad and go nuts for the hanging toys. Overall, I highly recommend this tree especially if you live in a smaller place. It’s made of quality fabrics and your cats will have tremendous fun with it. A nice balance of price and functionality.
Perfect for cats with a sense of adventure. This impressive activity cat tree has 3 sisal scratching posts, a hammock for lounging, and a hideaway condo which your cats will adore.
- Construction is nice and sturdy
- Easy to assemble with step by step instruction, make sure not to over tighten any screws to avoid stripping them
- Large third level platform, my bigger cat chills on the top while my smaller one chills just about everywhere else
- Has a hammock
- Excellent quality for a reasonable price
- Hammocks and tunnel are more suited for smaller cats
Conclusion: If your cats are little troublemakers like mine this is a perfect product for you. Your cats will climb on it before you even finish putting it together.As is the case with some cat trees, this one doesn’t have any odor which is a definite plus and your feline friends will appreciate this,with many places to lounge around. The carpet is made of quality material. Overall, I highly recommend this tree if you have hyper kittens like I do.